SEARHC was established in 1975 under the provisions of the Indian Self-Determination Act as a non-profit health consortium which serves the health interests of the residents of Southeast Alaska. The intent of this legislation was to have Indian Health Service programs and facilities turned over to tribal management. Our contracting with IHS began in 1976 when we took over management of the Community Health Aides Program. In 1982, we took over operation of the IHS Juneau clinic, now the Ethel Lund Medical Center, and took over operation of Sitka’s Mt. Edgecumbe Hospital in 1986. We are one of the oldest and largest Native-run health organizations in the nation.
Reporting to the VP, Chief Human Resources Officer, the Compensation Analyst will play a key role in the design, development, and implementation of consortium-wide compensation programs in an effort to remain competitive with healthcare industry benchmarks.
- Works with VP, Chief Human Resources Officer to design and document written compensation policies and program guidelines for managers/supervisors, divisional and executive leadership.
- Provides guidance and interpretation of compensation policies/programs, evaluates changes and requests for updates.
- Conducts review of job levels, assesses and makes determinations regarding requests for new job titles and updates job current descriptions in the library with input from other human resources staff members and divisional and/or executive leadership.
- Prepares and accurately responds to annual salary surveys to ensure proper job mapping and thorough completion of survey questionnaires.
- Provides recommendations on survey resources for review of consortium-wide compensation and benefits practices.
- Conducts regular and off-cycle benchmarking review activities, performs data analysis and formulates recommendations to ensure competitive compensation and benefit programs that are consistent with SEARHC’s compensation philosophy.
- Researches and provides recommendations on variable pay practices such as shift differential, on-call, call-back and other healthcare specific variable pay types.
- Conducts regular review of position classifications to ensure compliance and accuracy with FLSA requirements.
- Works with the Human Resources Information Specialist (HRIS) to regularly review HR/PR records to ensure accuracy and data integrity within the HR/PR system.
- Assists VP, Chief Human Resources Officer with consortium-wide compensation projects as directed.
- Other assigned projects and tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of compensation-related experience in the healthcare industry required.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resource (SPHR), or Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR) or an equivalent recognized certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of healthcare-related compensation practices.
- Solid knowledge of and has the ability to utilize salary range structures, geographic differentials, and other compensation-related practices in the healthcare industry.
- Understanding of Alaska-based healthcare compensation, benefit and recruitment strategies.
- Excellent technical skills with ability to adapt and navigate systems efficiently.
- Skilled in communicating effectively with others in both verbal and written format.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to complete projects on or before date due.
- Strong analytical skills in compiling, interpreting and reporting data in desired format.
- Strong MS Word, Outlook and advanced Excel skills, including VLOOKUP and pivot tables.
- Experience with Lawson ERP system is a plus.
At SEARHC, we see our employees as our strongest assets. It is our priority to further their development and our organization by aiding in their professional advancement. Working at SEARHC is more than a job, it’s a fulfilling career.
We offer generous benefits, including retirement, paid time off, paid parental leave, health, dental, and vision benefits, life insurance and long and short-term disability, and more.
Check out our SEARHC YouTube Video below!