Community Family Service Worker Trainee II
The purpose of this position is to provide beginning level individual supportive counseling, prevention and administrative services to individuals and families impacted by a variety of mental health and substance use issues. Under the supervision of a licensed provider, these positions are in Community Health Services, Behavioral Health Division and are located in one of the communities served by the CFS program.
Beginning level individual screenings and assessments are conducted; decisions and recommendations are made about the provision of counseling, prevention, supportive group counseling and administrative services in the areas of chemical dependency and mental health. These decisions, recommendations and services have an impact on the health of clients, families and communities. There is an emphasis on additional education and training to develop a background in behavioral health. Training is aimed at a Chemical Dependency Certification. With the support of supervision, this position develops an understanding of the mission of SEARHC and the relationship between client service provision and positive client outcomes.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Alaska driver’s license preferred.
- Specific training relating to duties must be provided by the Consortium before employee performs work. It is expected that persons working under this job description bring a variety of experience and skill to the work, which will shape the particular areas of emphasis. A developmental approach is used to encourage persons to move into expanded duties as their skills increase through training.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Commitment to live in village/service area or be able to commute to the location for 3 to 5 years.
- Attend continuing education /training programs in Sitka or elsewhere for about 3 weeks per year to meet certification requirements.
At SEARHC, we see our employees as our strongest assets. It is our priority to further their development and our organization by aiding in their professional advancement. Working at SEARHC is more than a job, it’s a fulfilling career.
We offer generous benefits, including retirement, paid time off, paid parental leave, health, dental, and vision benefits, life insurance and long and short-term disability, and more.
Check out our SEARHC YouTube Video below!