Clinical Assistant III
|Title:||Clinical Assistant III|
|Rate of Pay:||$19.98+ hourly|
|Job Status:||Full Time|
DescriptionClinical Assistant III
The Clinical Assistant III provides care to infants, toddlers, children, adolescents, adults and elderly in a ambulatory care clinic. This position is essential in maintaining efficient clinic operations and patient flow in order to maximize the provider’s time and to insure access to care. Clinical Assistants perform administrative duties, data management and handle basic clinical tasks. This information is written in patients’ chart along with patients’ medical history. This position works closely with providers giving support such as rooming patients, performing Point of Care Testing (POCT), medication and immunization administration, start and administer IV fluids within the scope of practice certification
, ECC monitoring and defibrillation, answering phones, processing provider orders, data entry, discharging medical records by reviewing for completeness and participation in training processes. Must be able to make independent decisions within scope of practice based on experience and good judgment and be self starting, and require little guidance to keep busy.
Baseline Qualification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- EMT III Certification, minimum 1 year actively practicing at EMTIII level or Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic with clinical and pre-hospital experience, or
- CHA III, or
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), minimum of 3 years experience in a primary care clinic
- Two years healthcare service experience, primary care clinic experience preferred
- Satisfactorily complete demonstrated competencies within 3 months of hire and annually thereafter. See attached.
of the following certifications, level of certification denotes qualified.
- EMT-III or Paramedic Certification
- Alaska Community Health Aide –level 4 completed
- CMA with qualifying experience
- In-depth knowledge of medical terminology and the ability to readily learn and use various computer programs
- Requires good interpersonal and communication skills; strong organizational skills
- Current BLS certification
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications