Behavioral Health Medical Director
|Title:||Behavioral Health Medical Director|
|Rate of Pay:||DOE|
|Location:||Juneau or Sitka|
|Job Status:||Full Time|
The Medical Director is responsible for the overall clinical direction of Behavioral Health Services for the consortium. This position strives to create an environment of excellent clinical quality, culturally appropriate medical services and exceptional customer/patient satisfaction to achieve organizational goals and objectives consistent with the mission and values of the SouthEast Alaska Health Consortium (SEARHC). In addition, this position will provide clinical psychiatric care for SEARHC patients, focusing on the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders. Treatment is primarily outpatient, but may include consultation-liaison and emergency services in some locations. The Psychiatrist collaborates with other SEARHC providers, and works as a member of an interdisciplinary behavioral health team.
- MD/DO degree w/ Satisfactory Completion of AMA approved psychiatric residency program.
- Active, unrestricted Medical License in the State of Alaska & DEA license with ongoing continuing medical education to maintain clinical knowledge and skills to meet staff licensure requirements.
- Certification by the American Board of Psychiatry preferred.
- Minimum of two years prior experience and success leading the medical staff function within a hospital/health system to drive results preferred.
- Track record of implementing evidence based practice within an integrated delivery system preferred.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: