Staff Engineer - Electrician
|Title:||Staff Engineer - Electrician|
|Rate of Pay:||DOE|
|Job Status:||Full Time|
The staff engineer, maintenance electrician will be required to diagnose, repair, replace and install plant electrical, electronics, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and support equipment. The Maintenance Engineer/Electrician operates and maintains all facility-related equipment, systems, structures, etc., and is responsible for keeping the electrical systems operating safely and at peak performance through maintenance, repairs and making the required adjustments. This position is also responsible for new installations and renovation work. The position must be available for rotating on-call and call back work when needed and may travel to outlying communities to perform work.
Baseline Qualification Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience as a journeyman electrician in a commercial, industrial or institutional environment. Participation in an approved apprenticeship program and 8,000 hours of applicable experience as an electrician.
- Current Certificate of Fitness as a journeyman electrician in the State of Alaska, NICET certification.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and remain insurable under SEARHC automobile insurance policy.
- Experience with electronic DDC controls systems is necessary.
- Emergency diesel generator sets and emergency electrical feeders system experience is necessary.
- Experience with hospital maintenance is preferred.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications