Chemical Dependency Counselor II
|Title:||Chemical Dependency Counselor II |
|Job Status:||Full Time|
This position functions within the Department of Behavioral Health to provide counseling and education to individuals who participate in the Intensive Residential Drug and Alcohol Treatment services.
Baseline Qualification Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor degree in a relative field (or higher degree) may be submitted for consideration as a substitute for one year of the three years of required experience.
- Training: A minimum of 270 approved contact-training hours addressing knowledge and skills listed in the counselor competency (OR) a combination of trainings and educational credits addressing the counselor competency requirement which can be evaluated for approval by the state commission.
- Three years full time work experience with increasingly specialized experience in chemical dependency treatment.
- 300 hours of Supervised Practicum.
- Current Chemical Dependency Counselor II certification by the State of Alaska or in a state, which has reciprocity with Alaska. This certification requires specialized training and experience in chemical dependency.
- Other: Specify any desirable or additional qualifications beyond the baseline qualification requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Valid State of Alaska Driver’s License or can be obtained within 6 months of hire.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications