|Rate of Pay:||$57,844+ annually|
|Job Status:||Full Time|
The WIC Coordinator works as a member of the SEARHC health promotion team to assess for, plan, implement, administer and evaluate nutrition and health education programming. The WIC Coordinator also works to ensure high quality WIC services are provided to eligible women, infants and children throughout Southeast Alaska. Additionally, the WIC Coordinator partners with organizations working with the WIC population to make appropriate referrals and to enhance the WIC program. This is a grant funded position.
Baseline Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in public health, health administration, nutrition, nursing, epidemiology, health sciences, health education, family and consumer science with emphasis in nutrition, community health, the biological sciences, or closely related field OR Registered Dietitian.
- 4 years professional experience administering or providing specialized health care or public health services or programs to include at least 1 year of supervisory experience. The required professional experience includes work such as a registered nurse, public health nurse, nurse consultant, health program specialist or manager, health and social services planner, nutritionist, health practitioner, advanced nurse practitioner, and physician’s assistant OR a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in addition to 5 years of current WIC administrative or managerial experience OR a Master’s Degree from an accredited college will substitute for 2 years of the required work experience.
- Must be willing to successfully complete the WIC Competent Professional Authority (CPA) Training Program within 6 months of hire if not previously certified. Certification requires 12 hours of continuing education annually to maintain competency.
- Valid driver’s license required. Must obtain Alaska specific license within 5 months of hire.
- Ability to travel, including to remote Southeast Alaska locations required.
- Supervision/mentoring training preferred.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications